If you are ready to explore a career in which you have an opportunity to truly innovate, discover, and positively benefit our planet alongside a dynamic team, please submit your resume to .
Location: San Diego, California
Position Type: Full-Time/Contract/Intern
Salary Range: $90,000 to $110,000
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: Automation, Process Management, Screening, Cell Culture Etc.
Job Code: SC2309
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing nature's own genetic diversity.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
Cibus has an immediate opening for a Warehouse Manager to help us to revolutionize plant breeding.
Warehouse manager will be responsible for managing inventory by executing activities, such as receiving, storing, and staging material the procurement of goods and services to support production and R&D activities. Warehouse manager will also contribute to the bottom line by working with team members and department managers to monitor and control inventory levels, streamline order fulfillment workflow and maximizing productivity within the warehouse.
- Manage inventory control, supporting production activities and quality assurance
- Manage storage, shipping/receiving and picking operations
- Implement warehouse standard operating procedures
- Supervise and train staff to optimize workflow of warehouse activities
- Oversee security operations for the warehouse
- Responsible for receiving and processing stock orders
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by complying with health and safety regulations
- Ensure warehouse activities comply with company procedures, policies, rules & regulations
- Ensure safe and effective use of manual and powered industrial trucks, along with pertinent warehouse equipment
- Associate Degree or bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or related field
- 5+ years of warehouse management experience
- Experience in Biotech or regulated production environment preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- OSHA forklift certification
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- People management skills, ability to lead and motivate a team and delegate work
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently across different function groups
- Knowledge and use of ERP or reporting system
- Proficient in MS Office, Forecasting and ERP system
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail your resume to and put down job code: SC2309.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.